Now, now. I know what you're thinking. "Summer's over, Kelly. The kids are back to school. The leaves are going to change any minute. It's done. Move on." Well I've got news for you, readers, summer's here for another month. A MONTH! So put down the pumpkin spice latte, and enjoy the fruits of summer (veggies too!) while they're still in season.
Here are some seasonal posts I'm loving this week:
1. PEACH AND BLUEBERRY POLENTA CAKE from Ruthy at omeletta. As if her recipes weren't delicious (and seasonal), her writing is lovely. Basically, she's tops.
2. GINGER WATERMELON PUNCH (it's not summer without watermelon..and booze) from Meghan at Stir & Scribble.
3. And if you need a place to store said liquor, Autumn's got you covered with her TIPS FOR MAKING A HOME BAR WITH LIMITED SPACE. You'll want to leave room for her HOMEMADE RED CURRANT GRENADINE & CACHACA COCKTAIL too (ya know, because it's not summer without HEAT!)
4. PEACH SLAB PIE (need I say more?) from Elizabeth at Brooklyn Supper.
5. HEIRLOOM TOMATO AVOCADO & CHICKPEA SALAD from Jeanine at Love & Lemons.
6. WHOLE WHEAT CHOCOLATE FUDGE ZUCCHINI SNACK CAKE (veggies in cake. sneaky. I like it.) from Jessica at How Sweet It Is.
7. PEACHES & CREAM STUFFED CUPCAKES from Carla at Chocolate Moosey. (Yup. Went there.)8. ZUCCHINI FRITTERS from Joanna at Honey & Salt. (p.s. there's a very beautiful and honest post attached to this one, folks)
and if you want to make summer last all year, be sure to check out:
9. STRAWBERRY VANILLA BEAN JAM from Courtney at Cook Like a Champion (woo! #TeamJamNotJelly)
10. 12 WAYS TO PRESERVE THE AUGUST HARVEST (look, ma! no canning!) from Aimée at Simple Bites.
That's all for this week, but remember, you still have a WHOLE MONTH of summer, so light some sparklers, make a picnic on the beach and relish in all of the joys summer has to offer!